Sunday, July 15, 2007

A complete round.

Come 17th July, it would have been 6 yrs now. Why i remember it so clearly is because, a photocopy of the picture that came out on 18th July's Straits Times sits on my desk. Along with pictures of Bil Neider, Parry O'Brien and Lars Riedel. It has been six years since i won that National Schools Discus gold medal. The one victory that kickstarted some great throwing days in my life. Of course NS put a comma to it and that sentence has been very hard to continue since.

I also remember another thing, that Wei De was not in the team for throwing cos that yr, he was still bitten by the CounterStrike fever and never came for trg. So naturally Fok left him out for discus. Then during one training session, i was throwing discus and Wei De ask me to let him throw my discus. I remember i rudely told him to fuck off because there was no polite way of saying that. Wei De cried cos i never let him throw the discus.

Now Wei De is the reigning Akira/Swift Meet Champion and he beats me at all trgs. Therefore, lessons learnt:

  1. Dun be mean to people, or it will come back at you sometime or the other.
  2. Wei De was a sissy(he cry until the IJ girls who were trg there scared of us)...that played counterstrike. (last time atleast)

No comments: